For those of you who don’t know, I’m a photographer. I’m not sure why, but that sounds weird to me. Makes me feel pretentious. Let’s start over. I take photos of people, mostly babies and bumps, and people pay me for it. That sounds better to me. We live in a day and age where there are more budding photographers than ever before. I consider myself one of them. I am by no means an expert (my journey is just beginning), but I want to start a photography link party. Mostly to push my own creativity, but parties are always more fun with friends.
Here are a few things about my photography journey:
- I starting shooting for fun as an adult on a Canon T3 Rebel. I now shoot on a Canon 6d.
- I first started taking photos (yearbook & for school) on a DSLR back in 2002 when they were insanely expensive and ….. wait for it…. 3 MP.
- I dislike film photography because I hate the development process.
- I was always the girl in college that had some sort of camera with her. Always.
- I started taking photography more seriously after my daughter was born.
- I started committing to shooting 100% on “Manual Mode” back in 2011.
- The photos I take for myself and for my blog are drastically different than the ones I take for clients.
- I’m drawn to clean edits, early morning light, and fuss free backgrounds.
- I’ve taken nearly 15,000 photos this year and I’m in maybe 20 of those. I need to fix that.
- My favorite subjects are people. Specifically toddlers and babies.
- My second favorite is landscape.
- I prefer color over black and white.
- I named my camera Black Betty.
- This was one of the very first images I took on manual mode:
So, for the first photography link party I want you to tell us a little bit about yourself and your journey with your camera. Share a photo from the beginning of your photography love affair. As well as a photo for the theme of the week. Which will be….. Back to school!
I’m still working on the link party button, but that’ll be up on Friday. Be sure to share your EXIF data as well. This is more about learning from each other than showing off. Mmmmmkay? DSLRs, point and shoot, whatever. Everyone is welcome. This is about creativity, learning, and sharing. I’ll have more details for you this Friday. Happy clicking friends and I hope you’ll join me!