It seems fish tacos are popping up on menus everywhere these days. I even ordered them at a local restaurant last weekend. I like to make mine a little differently and with a lot more kick. The great thing about this meal is that it’s ready in less than 20 minutes, perfect for those of us with busy schedules.
CCM’s FISH TACOS – serves 2
2 fish fillets (I prefer mahi mahi or sole)
4 tortillas, warmed
1 bag precut coleslaw mix
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 roma tomato, diced
1 small container Greek yogurt
1 lime, sliced in 1/2
2 TBL sour cream
Hot sauce to taste
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Take your container of Greek yogurt, I used Chobani, and mix it with the juice of half a lime (save this used lime for step 3), the sour cream and a few dashes of hot sauce until you get your desired level of heat. I like my sauce spicy, so I go a little overboard.
2. Mix the yogurt sauce, tomatoes and coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
3. Turn the oven broiler on high. Rub the fillets with your used lime and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I also recommend using whatever seasonings you like on your fish, garlic, paprika, lemon pepper etc.
4. Place the fillets on a non-stick baking dish and place it on a rack 6-8 inches below the broiler. Cook each side 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets. The fish should flake easy.
5. Split each fillet in half and serve on top of your tortillas. Top with the coleslaw mix and sprinkle with some fresh cilantro. Don’t forget to squeeze the rest of the lime on your tacos. Enjoy!
Can’t wait to share some pure amesomeness with your tomorrow. Guarantee you’ll love it!