Chicken piccata is one of my favorite recipes. I love the tangy taste of the lemon with the capers. Yum! Most piccata recipes don’t call for cream or half/half, but I like to add a little to thicken the sauce and make it a little more creamy.
Creamy Chicken Piccata
4 chicken breasts, butterflied
1/2 cup flour
2 TBL lemon pepper seasoning
1 lemon, sliced crosswise
1 lemon, juiced
2 TBL olive oil
2 TBL butter
1 cup cream or half/half
1/2 cup Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc (Dry)
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 TBL parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 TBL capers
Salt to taste
1/2 box linguini cooked
1. Mix flour & lemon pepper seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on med/high heat and sear the outside of the chicken until brown, but not completely cooked through. Place cooked chicken on a plate and set aside.
3. Start cooking pasta in a large stockpot.
4. Using the same skillet over med heat add lemon juice, garlic, cream, butter, wine, & chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally .
5. Return the undercooked chicken to the skillet and add the capers and lemon slices. Continue to simmer until the sauce has reduced/thickened and chicken is cooked through(about 10 min).
6. Sprinkle with parsley & remove from heat.
6. Drain pasta and return to stockpot. Add the piccata & chicken mixture to the stockpot and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is the desired thickness.
7. Salt to taste & serve a lemon wedge on the side.
This recipe takes about 40 min. Seems like a long time (especially when you’re trying to multitask), but it’s worth it. Hope you try it and would love to hear about any variations to the recipe.
Memo board tutorial tomorrow.